Graduate and Undergraduate Internships
Are you passionate about helping people? Interested in applying what you’ve learned in class to support gender equality? If so, then an internship with Vermont Works for Women may be a good fit!
Internships at VWW are offered:
- Each semester, with the possibility for the academic year, and over the summer
- At the undergraduate or graduate level
Goals of VWW Internships: VWW offers internships in a variety of departments (see below), allowing students to utilize and grow their skills to support VWW’s mission. Each internship provides a learning opportunity for the student, and supports operating capacity of the agency. All interns will:
- Participate on a team to support a dynamic non-profit organization
- Work on assignments based on organizational needs and individual interests
- Receive supervision and mentoring to support professional and academic growth
- Collaborate with supervisor to meet academic requirements
Internship Areas/Departments: VWW has internships in the following areas. If you are interested in an area of work not represented below, please be in touch to see if it is an internship VWW can support.
- Program Development and Implementation
- Program Evaluation and Data Management
- Marketing, Communications, and Development
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
- Demonstrated interest in VWW’s mission and programs
- Current college or graduate student
- Previous coursework and/or experience related to the internship area/department of interest
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and accomplish goals
- Pride in accomplishing tasks thoroughly, accurately, and quickly
- Positive, cooperative team spirit
- Computer knowledge, including use of basic Microsoft Office
- A sense of humor, tact, and diplomacy
- Comfort in working in open-office environment
Supervision and Schedule: Each intern receives supervision from a VWW staff member in the department they are supporting. Internships are generally designed for 8-12 hours/week for an academic semester. Schedules are coordinated individually with each department. The placement is based out of VWW’s office in Winooski. Some additional travel may be required.
In keeping with VWW’s mission and its goals of 1) moving people into employment success 2) investing in the next generation, and 3) advocating for large-scale culture change around gender equity, VWW offers internships to students. Internships are available by semester, with the possibility for the academic year, and over the summer. Internships can be at the undergraduate or graduate level. VWW is interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity of the organization, and seeks to have qualified interns regardless of age, ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, or gender identity. VWW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.