Development and Communications Specialist - SerVermont - AmeriCorps VISTA
About Vermont Works for Women: The mission of Vermont Works for Women (VWW) is to help women and girls recognize their potential and explore, pursue, and excel in work that leads to economic independence. Our work is grounded in the reality that until barriers that limit women’s earning potential are overcome, the economic well-being of women and their families will be compromised in both the short and long term. Our programs include:
- Work-readiness training and job placement for incarcerated women, women in transition from poverty and other traumatic circumstances
- Career education and exploration for middle and high school girls (with an emphasis on STEAM and non-traditional fields)
- Gender equity and awareness programs in schools and businesses to improve the educational and workplace culture for women
Vermont Works for Women is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment that represents the vibrant community we serve. Candidates across all markers
Position Description: Vermont Works for Women’s VISTA will support our Work Readiness efforts as a core member of our Development & Communications Team. Projects will include:
- Recruitment: Develop improved systems for identifying and planning recruitment efforts for participants, particularly for our Step In To Work program for low-income Vermont women.
- Evaluate current efforts, research new opportunities, and identify priority recruitment strategies.
- Create sustainable system and calendar for recruitment efforts moving forward. Explore opportunities for engaging volunteers in recruitment efforts.
- Public Relations: Expand the visibility of VWW’s impact by several avenues: 1) Build up our “Story Bank” (collection of participant stories, quotes, photos, and videos); 2) Implement improvements to our photo archive; 3) Enhance our social media presence by generating content.
PROGRAM BENEFITS: Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Living Allowance, Health Coverage *, Childcare assistance if eligible, Training, Relocation Allowance. *For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare