We are seeking a safety minded, qualified, self-motivated individual to be the Foreperson for a cold plane crew. The selected candidate should be familiar with all aspects of cold planning operations and have the ability to effectively lead and manage a cold plane crew in the field. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: timely communications with plant, shop, customers and management including knowledge of the cold plane machine and other equipment used during operations and assisting the crew in conflict resolution, communicating and driving down daily cost, participating with the employee evaluation process, training new hires, and coordinate crew logistics. This position will be based out of Vermont. Classification: Seasonal hourly position.
Feb 01, 2018
Feb 22, 2018
• Must be committed to providing and promoting a safe work environment.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Willingness to perform administrative duties such as timecard review and approval, progress postings (daily quantities) and keep a field journal.
• The willingness to travel to other Pike locations throughout Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont when needed.
• Extended hours with possible night and/or weekend work as well as overnights.
• A valid driver’s license.
Classification: Seasonal hourly position.
Interested candidates may apply online either www.pikeindustries.com or www.redimixcompanies.com.