Customer Service Associate – Water Resources
For City of Burlington
- General Purpose
This temporary part-time position is responsible for providing customer service and assisting with functions related to Water Resources billing.
- Essential Job Functions
- Assist with answering customer questions via phone, email, mail or social media regarding billing or service issues while maintaining a high level of professionalism and working to establish a positive rapport with every customer.
- Assist with processing walk in customers at counter register.
- Assist with preparing, processing and filing all paperwork and reports associated with the provision of Water Resources services and collections.
- Assist with providing Field Service support by scheduling appointments and following up with customers regarding appointment outcomes.
- Assist with scheduling City Departments and Non Profits using the Wastewater Conference Room.
- Assist with providing support for FT Customer Service Associates, Utility Billing Administrator and Assistant Director of Water Resources as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Jul 12, 2017
Aug 02, 2017
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements High School Diploma or equivalent. Two (2) years' experience in a clerical office work environment that includes customer service preferred. Ability to work in a Windows based environment with database, spreadsheet and word processing software. Must be able to work independently and as part of the customer service team in a complex, detail oriented environment, which features many repetitive tasks and deadlines. Must be comfortable with using the Internet and social media. Must provide all customers with prompt, courteous service. Must be able to operate standard and computerized office equipment. Ability to create and maintain an environment that embraces the 6 operating principles; Customer Service, Fiscal Responsibility, Good Labor Relations, Employee Empowerment, Cooperation and Constant Improvement. Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior at all times. Must be a flexible team player that takes direction well, is safety conscious, customer-oriented. Ability to actively support City diversity, equity, and cultural competency efforts within stated job responsibilities and work effectively across diverse cultures and constituencies. Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as evidenced by ongoing trainings and professional development. Regular attendance is necessary and is essential to meeting the expectations of the job functions. Ability to understand and comply with City standards, safety rules and personnel policies.
$14.50 - $16.00 Hourly
Additional Information The City of Burlington will not tolerate unlawful harassment or discrimination on the basis of political or religious affiliation, race, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identit