Equipment Manager: We are looking for two qualified candidates to fill the Equipment Manager roles supporting Pike and Redimix. The first position will oversee the Williston, and Waterford Vermont shops, including West Lebanon New Hampshire and be based out of Williston Vermont. The other Equipment Manager position will oversee the central area in New Hampshire for Pike and the Redimix Equipment division and be based out of Hooksett New Hampshire.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to asset procurement, disposal, management, and maintenance with direct focus on cost of ownership within a yearly budget and total cost of ownership for the life of the fleet within Pike and Redimix under the direction and assistance of the VP of Equipment. Safety and internal customer satisfaction is paramount and will be achieved through collaborating with operations and support of the shop teams. Classification: Year round, monthly salary position.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Ensure employee driven safety culture is in place and effective.
- Focus on the key areas of asset procurement, disposal, management and maintenance under the direction of the Equipment VP.
- Assist with ensuring that total cost of ownership is competitive or lower than industry standards which, in turn, provides the organization a competitive advantage in our markets while proactively supporting our internal customers.
- Assist with annual capital expenditure (CAPEX) justifications for new equipment purchase, including scheduling of purchases to maximize utilization.
- Assist with managing correct fleet levels for identified and forecasted company volume in Aggregate, Asphalt, Ready Mix and Construction lines of business.
- Promote effective maintenance and repair practices.
- Develop preventive maintenance & predictive plans.
- Strong communication with operations to identify cost saving opportunities.
- Assist with all seasonal and long term rentals and leases in the respective area.
- Assist with and manage a strategic disposal plan for end of life or underutilized equipment.