Local First Program Manager
Do you love all things local? VBSR is hiring a Local First Vermont Program manager to coordinate all functions of the Local First Vermont Program, including Buy Local Resource Guide and Coupon Book and mobile app. This a permanent hall-time position that reports to VBSR’s Executive Director.
- Manage the production, sales, and distribution of the Buy Local Book and Mobile App
- Manage the advertising sales and sponsorship sales for the Buy Local Book and Mobile App
- Maintain and grow Local First Vermont’s merchant participation and brand awareness
- Create visual branding and marketing materials and digital assets.
- Educate the business community and the public on the advantages of supporting a local economy
- Hire and supervise employees or subcontractors for Local First Vermont and Buy Local products, programs and services
- Be a positive contributor to VBSR Staff Team and team-wide efforts, including membership growth and organizational development
Qualifications & Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Good sales skills and good marketing experience
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with printing and proofreading
- Experience managing print, design and media projects
- Proficiency with digital design software
- Working at a desk
- Work with computer and phone for long periods of time
- Personal vehicle necessary, statewide travel required
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing 40-50 lbs
- Occasional evenings required
Work Culture & Environment:
- Opportunity for all staff to contribute ideas
- Sense of community
- Employee/team recognition and/or celebrations
- Independent/autonomous work
- Focus on social responsibility in the work/workplace
- Diversity valued, welcomed and encouraged
- Opportunity for flexible hours and remote work
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
VBSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community and individuals from diverse and often underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.