We are seeking a safety-minded, qualified, self-motivated individual to oversee the Asphalt Plant operations in Vermont. The Plants Manager will be responsible for overseeing the daily activities of all plant facilities and Plant Forepersons within the State of Vermont. Duties are performed under limited supervision and the selected individual must be competent in asphalt plant techniques. The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Safety - Promote Safe work behaviors through daily engagement and face time. Promote a safe work culture by facilitating cross audit inspections of sites. Prompt review and resolution to any incidents. Facilitate weekly safety conference calls and participate in annual refresher training.
- Quality - Ensure communications with QC team are flawless and that each respective site collaborates with QC personnel on consistent basis. Works in conjunction with QC Manager to facilitate annual refresher training on QC Ethics. Participates in QC audits to ensure compliance with QC plans outlined for each respective site.
- Right People - Promote the Right People, Right Place, Right Time strategy. Ensure development plans exist for all high potential candidates under his area. Ensure culture of accountability. Facilitate and promote appropriate hiring and training for personnel in the safety, technical & leadership fields.
- Collaboration - Work with Sales, Construction, Aggregate Managers, Equipment Managers & peers to ensure balancing of resources and making optimal decisions for the greater benefit of Pike.
- 3 Year Cap Ex Plan - Ensure plan exists for must do replacements 3 years out. Drive to find projects that will decrease costs, improve output or better balance inventory on site.
- Current Year Cap Ex - Ensure projects are budgeted appropriately and procurement is involved with vendor negotiation. Create and implement plans so that site personnel and contractors are aligned to ensure capex projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Production - Ensure production forecast aligns with demand and that inventory on site is balanced. Communicates with aggregates, transportation and sales on any demand or balance issues and works to resolve. Assist with working through any major plant down situations with Plant Forepersons in decision making and scheduling people, parts, and equipment.
- Maintenance - Coordinates any large planned repairs with all necessary resources (internal and external).
- Costs - Reviews performance daily, weekly, and monthly. Assists in resolving any major cost impact situations that occur.
- Budget/Forecast - Assists VP of Plants with annual budgets and forecasts, and identifying capex projects.