Quality Control Technician
We are seeking a safety minded, qualified, and self-motivated candidate to work as a technician in the Quality Control division. The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting with duties within the lab and in the field which include, but may not be limited to: gathering samples of material for testing, conducting tests, monitoring density and HMA placement, work with paving crew to achieve quality results and consistency, and generate field reports. Experience in asphalt and aggregate testing is preferred, NETTCP certification is a plus. Other responsibilities may include: ensure design mix samples meet or exceed specs and are cost-effective; produce asphalt mix that complies with job specs and carry out other tasks as needed. The position will be based out of New Haven, Vermont laboratory. Classification: Seasonal hourly position.
- Must be committed to providing and promoting a safe work environment.
- Experience in asphalt and aggregate testing is preferred, NETTCP certification is a plus.
- Ability to carry out standardized laboratory tests in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic operating procedures and mechanics of an asphalt plant.
- Knowledge and understanding of paving operations in the field.
- The willingness to work extended hours with possible night and/or weekend work as well as overnights.
- The willingness to travel to other Pike locations throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont.
- A valid driver’s license.