Real Estate Development Specialist
For Champlain Housing Trust
- Job Statement:
The Real Estate Development Specialist is a highly motivated individual who provides general support and assistance to the Director in all aspects of real estate development throughout the life cycle of projects from identification and funding through completion.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide general assistance to facilitate the development of single and multi-family housing projects, including cooperatives and special needs housing and various other special projects.
Assist the Director of Real Estate Development and the Chief Operating and Finance Officer (COFO) with assembling funding and financing for all of the above, including coordination and administration of organizational capacity grants from the City of Burlington Community Block Grant program, the HOME, CHDO program, Vermont Community Development Program or other applicable funding sources, and/or leveraging capital sources including but not limited to Low Income Housing Tax Credits or New Market Tax Credits in addition to traditional financing.
Represent CHT at funding presentations.
Coordinate, perform, or oversee all compliance activities related to development projects including but not limited to tenant relocation, URA, Davis Bacon, and Environmental Review processes.
Assist in the identification and mitigation of all development risks.
Represent CHT as appropriate to local and state government officials, planning commissions and other relevant boards, as well as neighborhood associates and other civic groups as required.
Coordinate with rehab, property management and finance staff as appropriate in project development implementation.
Under the supervision of the Director, carry out all project development activities including budget development and cost control, grant writing, meeting grant conditions, attending to environmental testing, and all other residential management functions, hiring technical subcontractors, communication with grantors, etc.
Support the Director in creating and maintaining strong, effective partnerships with Housing Vermont and other co-developers or owners to benefit of CHT.
Coordinate with HOC as needed and consult on Shared Equity Program, condo and other related real estate issues as needed
Coordinate, oversee, and/or carry out tenant relocation and URA compliance as needed
Perform or coordinate environmental reviews
Other duties as assigned.
• 1 to 5 years’ experience in non-profit housing, real estate development and/or federal grant programs strongly preferred
• Knowledge of Uniform Relocation Act, Davis Bacon, and other federal grant compliance requirements preferred
• Knowledge of real estate permitting requirements, HUD minimum housing quality standards, various building codes, and related standards a plus
• Proficient use of Excel, Word, and Outlook with aptitude for other software and mobile applications
• High level of self-motivation and direction, creative problem-solving skills, and sound judgment required
• Must be committed to CHT's membership based model of community controlled and permanently affordable housing
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
• Criminal background check required
Excellent organization and planning, communication, interpersonal, problem solving, computer and technology, writing, and active listening skills required. Must demonstrate impeccable attention to detail, and be able to relate to internal and external parties professionally, representing CHT in a positive manner. Must have ability to handle highly sensitive, confidential information. Must work effectively both independently and as a member of a dynamic team.
May 20, 2019
Jun 20, 2019