Recycle Truck Driver
For City of Burlington
- General Purpose
This position is responsible for the collection of recyclables from Burlington residents and transportation of recyclables to the appropriate center.
- Essential Job Functions
- Perform daily inspection, cleaning and light maintenance of a 35-foot truck.
- Drive 35-foot truck in "order-specified" routes.
- Collect and sort recyclable material from Burlington residents at curbside and other locations.
- Reject non-recyclable materials and complete rejection notices for residents. For carts, empty unacceptable material into dumpsters.
- Leave bins and carts in an orderly manner, including cleaning up and collecting recyclable material spilled around blue bins or along routes.
- Transport recyclables to processing facility and empty truck accordingly.
- Complete proper paperwork at the processing facility.
- Deliver recycling containers and educational materials to Burlington residents.
- Operate City vehicles in a lawful and responsible manner.
- Interact professionally with the public, coworkers, and processing facility employees.
- Implement departmental directives and resolve customer concerns.
- May assist in snow removal operations as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Mar 12, 2018
Apr 02, 2018
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements High school diploma or equivalent required. Must possess and maintain a valid Class B CDL license required. Ability to lift 40 pounds over head. Two years urban truck driving experience in timed delivery or solid waste collection environment required. Ability to deal with stressful customer confrontations in a professional manner. Ability to work in all climates in severe weather conditions. Must be a flexible team player that takes direction well, is safety conscious, customer-oriented, and willing and able to learn to operate all equipment and perform all tasks as assigned. Ability to maintain professional appearance while engaging in field work, by refraining from any use of profanity, inappropriate language, or inappropriate behavior required. Ability to create and maintain an environment that embraces the 6 operating principles; Customer Service, Fiscal Responsibility, Good Labor Relations, Employee Empowerment, Cooperation and Constant Improvement. Must be able to work effectively and in a professional manner with crew members and leaders, other divisions and the general public. Must learn and follow VOSHA safety rules and regulations. Ability to actively support City diversity, equity, and cultural competency efforts within stated job responsibilities and work effectively across diverse cultures and constituencies. Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as evidenced by ongoing trainings and professional development. Regular attendance is necessary and is essential to meeting the expectations of the job functions. Ability to understand and comply with City standards, safety rules and personnel policies.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Regular Full Time Non Exempt
$38,334.40 - $42,681.60 Annually
Additional Information The City of Burlington will not tolerate unlawful harassment or discrimination on the basis of political or religious affiliation, race, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identit