Milton CAT is seeking an experienced Power Systems Field Service Technician to perform marine, industrial engine, and power generation repairs and maintenance. Depending on the location and assignment, the technician will be responsible for some or all of the functions and duties listed below. These repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls or routine service as required. Flexibility and in-depth product knowledge are necessary for this position.
• Removes, disassembles, assembles, and installs components and parts.
• Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps.
• Determines reusability of parts in accordance with published Caterpillar reusability guidelines.
• Orders replacement parts ensuring that parts ordered are correct and complete at time of order.
• Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains engines, generators and components.
• Tests, measures, and adjusts engine and power system components.
• Prepares, inspects and operates engines and generators prior to completion.
• Keeps up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and systems.
• Prepares inspection and appraisal reports.
• Prepares accurate and complete service reports timely.
• Maintain a professional and proper personal appearance at all times adhering to company policy.
• Flexible to work after hours when needed to meet customer needs.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
• High school diploma or (GED) equivalent.
• 3-5 years experience on CAT engines/power systems or similar equipment.
• Ability to diagnose and repair CAT power systems equipment and components in the field.
• DOT certification required.
• Proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.).
• Strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to operate a service vehicle.
• Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
• Operates and maintains field service vehicle with GVW of less than 26,000 lbs.
• Basic math skills.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced service environment.
• Maintain a tool inventory sufficient to perform assigned tasks.
• CDL A or B a plus.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Apply Online – www.MiltonCAT.com/Careers
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer. Milton CAT is a Drug-Free workplace.