Learn how to rise with WISE this summer!
Finding your first job can be overwhelming. Fortunately, you don’t have to figure everything out on your own! At WISE, women between the ages of 16-24 learn skills and tools they need to successfully find and thrive in employment. Over 8 weeks, eligible participants earn up to $10.50/hr to work hand-in-hand with professional job coaches and learn how to:
Land a great job.
Grow a professional network.
Write standout cover letters / resumes.
Work in a professional environment.
Gain real on-the-job experience.
And so much more!
It’s simple, early adult employment predicts future employment. Let us help you find your path in this women-focused, women-led program.
Program dates: July 2 - Aug 24, 2018
Schedule: Tuesday-Friday, 15 hrs/wk.
Location: 50% Hands-on job training at Vermont Works for Women kitchen / 50% classroom-based learning at Vermont Community College
Who Can Participate: Women between ages 16 to 24 and fit one or more of the following criteria:
- School dropout;
- Youth within age of compulsory school attendance, but has not attended school for at least the most recent complete school year calendar quarter (based on local school district);
- High school graduate who is low-income and either basic skills deficient or an English
- Language Learner
- Subject to juvenile or adult justice system;
- Homeless, runaway, in foster care or aged out of foster care, or in out-of-home placement;
- Pregnant or parenting;
- Individual with a disability;
- Individual who requires additional assistance to enter or complete an educational program, or to secure and hold employment.