Vermont Works for Women’s mission is to promote economic justice by advancing gender equity and supporting women and youth at every stage of their career journeys. Founded in 1987, VWW engages women, girls and gender-expansive individuals in hands-on career education and exploration programs to help them overcome barriers, build confidence, and pursue their employment goals. We also provide gender equity services for schools and employers to improve educational and workplace cultures for women. Learn more about our programs!
Vermont Works for Women promotes economic justice by advancing gender equity and supporting women and youth at every stage of their career journeys.
We are working to create an equitable Vermont where people of all identities and backgrounds have equal access to opportunities and to thrive economically - where they make confident, deliberate choices about life and work that reflect an expansive grasp of what’s possible.
- Transformative Power of Work: We believe everyone should have equal access to work opportunities in order to make deliberate choices about their careers.
- The Potential Within: We promote self-determination in life and work and support individuals to take positive risks, face challenges, and pursue their interests as they develop a greater notion of what is possible
- Respect and Growth: We respect the unique skills, contributions, and perspectives of each individual and recognize that change requires ongoing reflection, openness, and effort.
- Gender Inclusivity: We recognize that gender is expansive and not binary, and we welcome those who identify as women, girls, transgender, non-binary, gender non-conforming, gender-questioning, and anyone who has experienced marginalization, bias, or barriers due to their gender identity.
- Intersectionality: We recognize that, in addition to gender, many factors shape the lived experiences of individuals in Vermont, including, but not limited to, race, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, socioeconomic status, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, and experiences of trauma and incarceration.
- Anti-Racism: We commit to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion, and to contributing to the work required to dismantle systemic racism.
- Strength in Partnerships: We are more powerful and effective when we work as a coalition. Partnerships bolster ingenuity, leverage strengths and resources, and address gaps in services that we cannot alone provide.
- Using Our Voice: We believe in using our voice and experience to raise awareness in the community, advocate for policy improvements, and support our partners’ missions in order to address systemic barriers to economic justice.
990 & EIN
- 990 FY 2021
- Employer Identification Number: 22-2894557
32A Malletts Bay Ave
Winooski, Vt. 05404
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, VWW staff work flexible schedules including telework. We do not have walk-in appointments. Please contact us in advance if you need to come to the office; our team is available via phone or email during core hours (9am - 4pm).
Learn more about our policy for collecting and utilizing data here.