Communications and Marketing Specialist
The Communications and Marketing Specialist is responsible for ensuring that VWW communicates effectively with its many constituencies and for providing oversight for communications systems and activities. They will develop and deliver marketing and communications language, tools, and strategies that support the organization’s mission, programs, and fundraising efforts – and also ensure that VWW maintains its brand identity and that all programs are aligned with the organization’s brand. The Specialist will also participate in and support development initiatives. Strong writing is required; experience preferred in media relations, design, website maintenance, and development of marketing collateral.
Communications/Marketing/Public Relations: 70%
- Manage VWW’s communications and marketing strategy and implementation, including:
- Participant Stories
- Social media
- Photography, video
- Annual report
- Program brochures, flyers, and other collateral materials
- Display boards, banners, and signs
- Paid advertising
- Press releases
- Providing technical support and guidance to program staff on program development and marketing as well as on participant recruitment strategies.
- Developing strategy and methodology for recognition of corporate sponsors.
- Representing VWW at external events, meetings, and in key partnerships.
- Managing relationships with outside printers, designers, webhosts, Google Analytics, web tools, etc.
- Supervise interns/volunteers to support communications/marketing functions as needed.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications participate in support and solicitations of corporate sponsorships.
- Assists in planning and implementation of VWW fundraising events.
- Assists/supports designing & activating online mobile giving campaigns.
- Participates in VWW Stewardship Committee activities.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Degree in communications, business, marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field is preferred
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in communications and marketing, social media, and fundraising operations.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.
- Experience and/or training in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook software, as well as Adobe Creative Suite as design tools.
- Experience in social media networking, website design and maintenance.
- Experience with CMS management for websites, HTML/CSS skills a plus
Schedule and work environment:
- The schedule typically operates within standard business hours, typically at Winooski office of Vermont Works for Women on Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with some evening/weekend activities.
- Some travel required for off-site meetings and trainings
- Primarily within an open office environment with moderate noise levels.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Success Factors (i.e. personal characteristics that contribute to excelling in position):
- Clear commitment to, and enthusiasm for, VWW’s mission.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and accomplish goals.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
Vermont Works for Women is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Vermont Works for Women is committed to diversity, belonging and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity, equity, and excellence of the organization, programs, and services we provide to the community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law. Applicants are required to include in their cover letter information regarding how they will further this goal.