Development and Communications Specialist - SerVermont - AmeriCorps VISTA
Please note, this a SerVermont - AmeriCorps VISTA position
About Vermont Works for Women: The mission of Vermont Works for Women (VWW) is to help women and girls recognize their potential and explore, pursue, and excel in work that leads to economic independence. Our work is grounded in the reality that until barriers that limit women’s earning potential are overcome, the economic well-being of women and their families will be compromised in both the short and long term. Our programs include:
- Work-readiness training and job placement for incarcerated women, women in transition from poverty and other traumatic circumstances
- Career education and exploration for middle and high school girls (with an emphasis on STEAM and non-traditional fields)
- Gender equity and awareness programs in schools and businesses to improve the educational and workplace culture for women
Vermont Works for Women is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Vermont Works for Women is committed to diversity, belonging and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity, equity, and excellence of the organization, programs, and services we provide to the community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law. Applicants are required to include in their cover letter information regarding how they will further this goal.
Position Description: Vermont Works for Women’s VISTA will support our Work Readiness efforts as a core member of our Development & Communications Team. Projects will include:
- Recruitment: Develop improved systems for identifying and planning recruitment efforts for participants, particularly for our Step In To Work program for low-income Vermont women.
- Evaluate current efforts, research new opportunities, and identify priority recruitment strategies.
- Create sustainable system and calendar for recruitment efforts moving forward. Explore opportunities for engaging volunteers in recruitment efforts.
- Public Relations: Expand the visibility of VWW’s impact by several avenues: 1) Build up our “Story Bank” (collection of participant stories, quotes, photos, and videos); 2) Implement improvements to our photo archive; 3) Enhance our social media presence by generating content.
PROGRAM BENEFITS: Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Living Allowance, Health Coverage *, Childcare assistance if eligible, Training, Relocation Allowance. *For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare