This person will support all programs by helping to create content for trainings, research data to enhance program initiatives, coordinate speakers, and deliver trainings.
Program Content Development & Research: 65% of total time
- Regularly maintain, update, enhance and review Build Your Skills online resources and curriculum
- Annual review and production of Change The Story Conversation Cards, including research and data gathering, updating conversation prompts, ensuring accuracy and relevance of information, and coordinating the printing and assembly of card decks
- Assist with building of gender equity trainings and PowerPoint presentations; research topics and best practices, collect data, develop and build outlines and presentations
- Assist with building of employment & career workshops and PowerPoint presentations; research topics, develop and build outlines, activities, and presentations
- Other research and data collection as needed on employment & equity trends and best practices to support workshops, gender equity services, and other programming
- Development and creation of handouts, guides, and other program resources, curriculum, and materials as needed
Program Delivery: 25% of total time
- Facilitate virtual and in-person workshops on topics related to employment and gender equity with a variety of audiences, including women, youth, educators, employers, and others
- Plan and coordinate annual virtual programming and speakers for GEAR (Gender Equity Advancement Roundtable) for our business members
- Plan, coordinate & facilitate virtual programming and speakers for Tech@Work
- Assist with annual Women Can Do conference
- Plan, coordinate & facilitate speakers and presentations for Enrichment Night at Chittenden Regional Correctional Facility
- Plan, coordinate & facilitate mentor events for Trailblazers and other programs
- Assist with other program coordination and facilitation as needed
Data Evaluation & Reporting: 5% of total time
- Assist with program data entry and tracking – pre-and post-survey data collection and analysis for reporting on program outcomes
- Contribute as needed to grant proposals and reports
Other Duties: 5% of total time
- Participate in team meetings, all-staff meetings, and other collaborative gatherings to further the goals of the program teams and the organization as a whole.
- Meet regularly with the Director of Programs & Gender Equity and other relevant staff to report on work progress, develop personal learning goals, etc.
- Use of internal database, registration systems, online learning systems, and other program-specific software.
- Other miscellaneous job-related duties in support of the program teams and organization, as assigned.
Schedule and work environment
- The schedule typically operates within standard business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. with some evening/weekend activities.
- Remote work within VT will be considered, however occasional travel to our main office in Winooski, Vt, and around the state as needed for programming will be required.
- Some travel required for off-site meetings, trainings, and program facilitation
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Job Requirements
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, although not required.
- Prefer at least 2 years of prior work experience
- Prior experience with research & data collection, and teaching or delivering workshops preferred
- Any combination of relevant and/or transferrable skills and education will be considered.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, Licenses, etc.
- Experience and/or training in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Must be able to understand data and clearly convey it to a general audience
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
Success Factors (i.e. personal characteristics that contribute to excelling in position):
- Clear commitment to, and enthusiasm for, VWW’s mission.
- Commitment to engaging in efforts to improve our work internally and externally with diverse individuals and groups.
- Positive, cooperative team spirit. Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and accomplish goals.
How to apply
To apply, please email a pdf resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 2, 2022. Please specify in your cover letter where you heard about this opening. VWW is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to VWW’s commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment that represents the vibrant communities we serve. Applicants are encouraged to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.