Request for Proposals: Online Course Developer
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, and in an effort to make our services accessible to a broader audience of women across Vermont, Vermont Works for Women is looking to transition our existing Employment and Career Services curriculum and materials to an online platform. The curriculum, which includes lessons on resume/cover letter building, job interview skills, personal financial literacy, etc., was previously taught in-person in a cohort model. Existing materials need to be reviewed and adapted to fit the features of an online learning platform. Additional content, such as videos, will need to be developed with program staff to ensure the content is engaging for an online audience.
Project Goals and Scope of Services
The goal of this project is to convert and transition our existing Employment and Career Services curriculum onto an online learning platform following instructional design best practices. The candidate will create a meaningful, interactive and fun user experience while maintaining the integrity of our curriculum and program. At the close of the project, VWW will have a completed Employment and Career Services course online, ready for use by participants.
The scope of services provided by Online Course Developer with input from our program team experts includes:
- determine the intended audience and their learning needs;
- analyze existing instructional materials for length and presentation in an online format;
- create online lesson plans, lesson content, learning objectives and assessment tools utilizing existing content; new materials may need to be added or developed in conjunction with our program staff; The Developer may also work with program staff to create graphs, quizzes, video materials, and record lessons and activities to ensure content is engaging for a virtual audience;
- research online learning platforms and make a selection with program staff;
- upload and organize the online course content;
- instruct program staff on how to use all of the platform features, and evaluate the quality assurance of the ready product, including the pilot run.
To accomplish this scope of services, you will need excellent technology skills, written and verbal communication skills and analytical skills, and knowledge of online learning platforms such as Thinkific, Google Classroom, Coursera, Canvas and others. Prior experience with developing and teaching an online course is strongly preferred. Familiarity with online learning platforms, video technology, and other multimedia, as well as student experience will be considered.
The estimated timeline for this project is 24-36 hours over the course of 4 weeks.
Time and Place of Submission of Proposals
Proposals should be submitted to email@example.com by 1/15/20. Please include a summary of all relevant experience, knowledge and familiarity of various learning platforms and user experience, and why this is the right fit for you. Please also include links to previous online courses or materials you have created and three professional references. Lastly, please provide your hourly rate.
Company Contact Person: Alison Lamagna, Director of Programs & Gender Equity
Phone: 802-655-8900 x 104
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org