Administrative Assistant RMS
Nature and Scope of Position
Provides administrative support for the Safety and Health Promotion Division as well as the Director and Deputy Director, Risk Management Services, in the Department of Risk Management Services. This position reports to the Manager, Loss Control or equivalent.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Risk Management Services or his designee in planning and scheduling staff and board member attendance at events and conferences as well as activities (such as board meetings) for the Risk Management Services Department.
- Provide internal support of VLCT PACIF loss control programs for all members.
- Answer basic loss control questions from members and refer more complex questions to the appropriate loss control consultant or manager.
- Document loss control program applications, awards, and related information in the appropriate database or spreadsheet. Maintain and update database forms and spreadsheets as needed.
- Provide administrative support for RMS top management and the Loss Control Division as needed. Prepare various statistical and special reports as requested.
- Maintain equipment inventory, ensure that an adequate supply of documents and handouts are available, and order Loss Control supplies when needed.
- File all Loss Control written correspondence as directed.
- Serve as first point of contact and informational resource for members seeking information or assistance with all loss control programs. Make referrals to staff as appropriate. Assist with program implementation and maintain accurate tracking and documentation as appropriate.
- Provide organizational and executional support for:
Safety training programs and workshops
Loss Control database (LCDB) or equivalent
Loss Control Operations Manual
PACIF Learn (Learning Management System)
Loss Control web presence
- Serve as primary contact for PACIF grant programs and provide members with program guidance and assistance. Maintain all grant applications, associated grant data, financial information, awards, etc. Make referrals to loss control staff as needed.
- Prepare billing documentation, vouchers and invoices for all loss control related financial transactions for supervisory review in the format specified by the finance department.
- Create and maintain member files.
- Assist with preparation of Member Stewardship reports as requested.
- Assist with email distribution of loss control and other PACIF alerts. Obtain distribution lists as requested.
- Provide other backup clerical support for VLCT as needed.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned by RMS top management and Manager, Loss Control.