Airport Operations Specialist
This position is responsible for assisting the Deputy Director of Airport Operations and the OperationsForeman in daily management of airport facilities, reviewing aeronautical conditions and makingrecommendations for operational safety.
This position works 10 hour shifts which may include day and evening hours
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct daily inspections of runways, taxiways, ramps and other aeronautical areas to inaccordance with Federal, State and Aviation operational standards.
- Conduct wildlife management in accordance with BTV’s Wildlife Hazard Management Plan;including the carrying and discharging of firearms, pyrotechnics and utilization of other wildlifemanagement techniques.
- Operate runway, taxiway, and ramp surface equipment to determine and report field conditionduring air carrier operations.
- Make immediate and vital decisions affecting the continuation of air and ground operationsduring emergency conditions and snow removal operations in accordance with Part 139, 49 CFR1542, and other applicable advisory circulars when applicable.
- Ensure the safe and secure operation of BTV by implementing and enforcing airport rules at theday- to day operations level.
- Assist in coordinating the response to aircraft emergencies or aircraft in distress, HAZMATIncidents, and medical emergencies with in the terminal in accordance to the operations sectionoff the Airport Emergency Plan. Oversee the activities of all agencies to assure compliance withairport certification requirements and FAA standards.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, maintain and update the FAA approvedAirport Certification Manual.
- Monitor and transmit on the FAA local Common Traffic Advisory Frequency(CTAF), the FAABoston Center Frequency, the airport local FM Frequency, and the airport maintenance local FMFrequency while ATC Tower is closed.
- Serve as Alternate Airport Security Coordinators (ASC) to communicate and cooperate onsecurity as customer service matters with TSA, Airport Ambassadors, Police, Customs, AirGuard, Army Guard, and airport tenants. Monitor airport access control and closed-circuittelevision (CCTV).
- Respond to trouble alarms and tenant complaints.
- Ensure that all airport tenants, employees, and contractors who have a need to drive on theairfield side receive operations standard training course.
- Implement current Security Directives issued by the Transportation Security Administration.
- Ensure that ongoing airfield and terminal construction is interfaced smoothly and safely with aircarrier and terminal operations by coordination with all parties concerned.
- Provide a variety of administrative support functions, including, but not limited to filing, copying,writing reports etc.
- Ensure that the public’s concerns and interests, as they relate to Burlington InternationalAirport, are met in a timely and informative manner.