Application Integrator & Developer
VELCO is pleased to announce two openings for an Application Integrator and Developer. All applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of experience level.
Who VELCO is
VELCO sits at an inflection point of dynamic innovation in an industry undergoing transformation. Our core responsibility to operate a safe and reliable electric transmission system for Vermonters has not changed. How we fulfil that responsibility, however, changes regularly with the evolution of the system we operate and the dynamic demands of the customers we serve. These conditions require that VELCO remain unshakably focused on operational excellence today while anticipating the capabilities we will need to thrive tomorrow. Likewise, the successful Application Integrator and Developer will have the capabilities to meet today’s responsibilities while having the foresight and learning orientation to anticipate VELCO’s needs well into the future.
The Application Integrator and Developer at VELCO is a trusted partner excited to help us realize our Vision to create a sustainable Vermont through our people, assets, relationships and operating model. The Application Integrator and Developer is someone innately committed to fulfilling our Mission to serve as a Trusted Partner by passionately living our TRUST values (Treating each other with respect; Responding with urgency; Unconditionally supporting one another; Sharing information; and Thinking outside the box).
Why you should join our team
As VELCO’s Application Integrator and Developer, you will be part of a team responsible for enterprise integration and development functions of the application platforms; desktop, mobile, GIS, data visualization, and dashboards. This role will be responsible for design, implementation, and administration of the enterprise application environment adhering to compliance and security requirements.
How you will make an impact
- Support the enterprise application environment by performing system administration and specialized software development and integration support functions.
- Integrate analytics and application integration capabilities into business processes to enhance decision-making and enable autonomous learning.
- Lead and support project activities, meeting budget and scheduling requirements.
- Develops collaborative peer relationships within the department, with project managers, application owners, and customers throughout the company
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for the selection, deployment and delivery of enterprise-wise projects or services.
- Have a strong working knowledge of all platform layers and security, networks, computer, database to architect, implement, optimize, and maintain reliable data pipelines from source acquisition to integration and consumption while guaranteeing compliance with data governance and data security requirements.
- Performs routine systems administration support functions, adhering to best practices, compliance and cybersecurity requirements
- Performs complex and specialized software development and integration support functions, such as troubleshooting, analysis, research, debugging and problem solving.
- Discover, understand, and integrate new internal and external data sources, structures, and process pipelines
- Strong customer service ethic with all of customer base.
- Manage vendor relationships
- Develop dashboards, reports, and visualizations for stakeholders.
- Lead and engage in all activities associated with design, development, implementation, and support of ETL/ELT processes (Experience with FME ETL preferred)
- Implement data structures on a variety of databases and platforms, including proprietary archives, data warehouses, and real-time systems, such as, AVEVA OSISoft PI, SQL Server, Oracle, and ESRI
- Architect, implement, optimize and maintain reliable data pipelines from source acquisition to integration and consumption while guaranteeing compliance with data governance and data security requirements
- Participates on key initiatives within the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who you are
VELCO’s commitment to our employees
- Paid Time Off – Everyone needs time off to recharge. New employees are frontloaded with prorated time off dependent upon date of hire
- Sick Leave – We advocate for staying home when you are sick
- Paid Holidays – We observe 11 paid company holidays
- Medical – Select from two comprehensive health plans. Employees have access to a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account. We allow documented Domestic Partners on our plans
- Dental & Vision – Offers a wide range of covered services
- Wellness Program – Allows you to receive up to $100 per year for reimbursement of approved wellness expenses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Aids with mental health, stress management, work-life balance, financial and legal matters, and much more
- 401K – We offer a very generous employer match and profit share contribution
- Short Term Incentive Bonus – VELCO proudly offers a yearly incentive bonus based on individual contributions and key performance indicators
- Life Insurance – VELCO paid life insurance and supplemental coverages are available
- Starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education, and training of the successful candidate.
- Eligible applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successful reference check, background check, physical examination, drug screening, and documentation of Covid-19 vaccination
- VELCO utilizes a hybrid work schedule. Travel to the Rutland campus is expected at least twice per week
- VELCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
The Fine Print
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, Workstation platforms (Windows); AD; Patching tools (big fix, SCCM); Familiar with the basic SEIM and security methodologies.
- Familiarity with audits, compliance investigations, and internal controls evaluations.
- Knowledge of VMWare, storage technologies, AD, DHCP, DNS, VPN, SANS security guidance, NERC/FERC guidelines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to create test plans and cases from specifications or verbal communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to serve as a liaison with developers, project managers, and customer support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with a diverse group of employees throughout the organization.
- Ability to plan and complete multiple, diverse tasks and meet challenging deadlines.
Able to clearly present complex technical information to committees, management, external regulators and industry associations.
It is expected that you will have the experience, education, and knowledge in system engineering and administration to manage, and continue to develop, this environment. Successful experience with system administration and the associated tools is also expected. Experience with compliance and cybersecurity functions within a regulated industry is a plus.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to maintain fast pace while completing complex, analytical work, in potentially stressful situations, with competing priorities, within tight timelines and with frequent interruptions.