If clear communication, honesty, timeliness, and quality are important to you, then we should talk!
Understory Design Build is a Design Build partnership serving residential clients in Northern Vermont. As Home Performance with Energy Star Contractors, we strongly believe in the value of efficient, healthy, and comfortable homes; and we're expanding our team!
Understory Design Build is looking for a hardworking Carpenter to join our crew! We are a small residential construction company based in Morrisville, VT. We utilize a thoughtful design process and top-notch construction services to create high-performing, healthy homes and inspiring spaces.
- Safety first mindset
- An eye for quality and believe integrity is key
- Detail Oriented
- Interest in high-performing, healthy homes
- Contributes to a positive work environment
Candidates applying for this position are required to:
- have framing experience and 5-10 years on a construction site
- confident using everyday jobsite tools and following all safely protocols
- have reliable transportation and phone
- drive to jobsites within one hour of Morrisville, VT
- be physically able to lift 50 lbs.
- be comfortable on ladders, pump jacks and scaffolding
Ideal candidate is also:
- willing and able to lead an apprentice level helper on projects
- able to occasionally assist the site supervisor with crew management
- a fast worker who is mindful about doing a good job
People of color, people from poor and working-class backgrounds, people in the LGBTQ+ community, and women are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25-$35 per hour, based on experience
Earned paid time off and a retirement plan
If this describes you, send us an email telling us a little about yourself and why you would be a good fit for this position. A resume would be great but is not required. References will be required before being hired.
For more information about this position and its requirements, or to apply, please contact: Kieran Fitzsimmons at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 802-760-9354.