Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to become a CDL Driver/Phlebotomist for the American Red Cross! From transporting and setting up blood collection equipment at work sites, to drawing blood from donors, as a CDL Driver/Phlebotomist with the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at schools, offices & churches throughout Burlington and the surrounding areas. No experience necessary—our paid training is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice.
To learn more about this role, watch this short video: https://youtu.be/Hg3XJCA8RQ0 A life-saving mission. A life-changing career. Join us.
Conduct donor health history screening to determine eligibility and complete donor phlebotomy procedures. Perform blood drive support functions as assigned. Demonstrate excellence in customer service and public relations to promote a positive, professional image of the American Red Cross Biomedical Services. May drive blood collection vehicles to transport required supplies, equipment, blood products and staff to and from mobile sites. May load and unload trucks and other vehicles. Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
CDL Driver/Phlebotomist Job Responsibilities
• Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
• Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
• Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
• Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors.
• Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there
• Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
• Interact in a positive, proactive and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion always.
The responsibilities of the CDL Driver/Phlebotomist describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.