SLR International Corporation is seeking an entry- to mid-level Civil/Drainage Engineer to work in its Engineering group located in Waterbury, Vermont. The engineer will work on a wide range of water-resource-related projects, including stream and river restoration, flood mitigation, and geomorphic assessment.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of experienced licensed engineers, landscape architects, planners, scientists, and other professional staff that will be supportive of their growth and development. They will also have the opportunity to collaborate on exciting and significant projects using interactive and engaging tools to deliver quality work that has a positive and lasting impact on the communities in which we work.
We offer a vibrant working environment, one that nurtures learning and professional growth through mentorship and daily collaboration as well as socialization.
Project engineer responsible for the design of drainage and stormwater management projects
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Normal amount of extended work hours may be required
• On occasion, works outdoors in environmental conditions that include extreme heat, rain, snow, humidity, and cold
• During field visits, stand for long periods, climb hills, and walk-through riparian corridors, forests, and undeveloped terrain, and conduct work within the flowing stream channel
• Endure exposure to insects and wildlife
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Provide engineering design and develop technical drawings using AutoCAD for stormwater-related projects
• Perform hydrologic and hydraulic computations and modeling
• Provide technical support for engineering analysis and design of stormwater and drainage related projects
• Perform field measurements and analysis to support hydrologic and hydraulic computations and modeling and project design
• Collect monitoring data and perform field reviews of project sites
• Prepare technical documents and reports
• Prepare maps and conduct analysis using geographic information systems
SLR is a professional consulting and advisory firm that has been advising clients for over 20 years. Starting as a UK business, we now operate as a global company with more than 1400 people delivering client solutions across five regions.
In the United States, SLR has nearly 500 employees located throughout 34 offices. Our team represents a broad and diverse range of technical and environmental capabilities. SLR’s professionals offer a blend of experience incorporating engineers, geologists, toxicologists, hydrogeologists, remediation specialists, regulatory and compliance specialists, and environmental scientists. We work for clients throughout our six primary business sectors: Energy, Mining, Industry, Infrastructure, Built Environment and Power.
Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, orthodontia, vision, flexible spending account, generous PTO accrual, 10 paid holidays, 401(k) retirement account with company matching program, company paid life insurance, short- & long-term disability insurance, and employee assistance program.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) are at the core of who we are and want to be.
SLR is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, civil union status, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or veteran status.
At SLR, we embrace diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within and outside our organization. We respect and celebrate differences and want to ensure that we continuously strive to build a place where everyone feels included and is encouraged to be their authentic self.
We are committed to these values, and our SLR Culture & Diversity Team works to actively promote diversity, equity, and inclusion across our people and talent processes, operations, and client work around the world. If you have a disability and need reasonable accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please contact us at careers-us@slrconsulting.