Customer Service Associate -Temporary
Responsible for providing courteous, attentive and accurate responses to all customerinquiries/problems regarding various Clerk Treasurer and other City services through phonecontact and office visits in a professional, timely, and friendly manner. Position is responsible forprocessing initial Clerk Treasurer business transactions including, but not limited to cashreceipts, recording, and collections.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare, process, index and file all paperwork and reports associated with the provision ofservices in the Clerk Treasurer Office, including but not limited to birth, death andmarriage certificates; permits and licenses; UCC and lien records; collection, processingand deposit of various payments, etc.
- Respond to basic inquiries and complaints regarding Clerk Treasurer and other Cityservices in a professional, timely, and friendly manner.
- Refer more complex questions, complaints, and concerns to Assistant City Clerk, otherappropriate person or City Department in a professional, timely, and friendly manner.
- Perform basic bookkeeping duties including, but not limited to verifying cash receipts,reconciling cash drawer to deposit, accurate data entry, and daily cash deposits.
- Perform office and clerical duties including, but not limited to filing; copying; wordprocessing; scheduling conference rooms; answering and routing telephone calls; andmetering and routing mail.
- Provide support for Tax Collection, Elections, Vital Records, Land Records and CityCouncil matters, as assigned.