Director of Food Services
Rock Point School is a small, independent, boarding and day high school. We looking for a Director of Food Services, a.k.a School Chef, who will bring excitement to school meals. We are seeking someone who can provide inspired cooking for all dietary needs, use fresh ingredients, and create well-balanced breakfast, lunch, and dinner options Mondays through Fridays.
Monday through Friday 7:00 am - 3:00pm
Plus, additional events such as Opening Day, Family Conferences, Holiday Meals, Trustee Dinners, Open Houses, and End of the Year events.
- Menu planning
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Monday to Friday
- Inventory food stocks and supplies
- Order and receive food and supplies
- Track and meet special dietary needs and allergies
- Plan, order, prepare and serve food for special events, trips, activities, etc.
- Provide snacks and drinks for weekdays
- Provide ingredients for others to make weekend meals
- Responsible for kitchen equipment and regular maintenance
- Clean all equipment to standard
- Attend beginning and end-of-the-year meetings
- Collaborate with both staff and students
- Prepare for and attend school functions
- Supervise student work crews in the kitchen
- Communicate with staff members, as needed
- Track and adhere to all state guidelines regarding food safety, handling, and storage
- Monitor and follow serve-safe protocols
- Adhere to COVID protocols
- School year salary: $50,000-55,000
- 5 weeks vacation in alignment with the school calendar
- Health Insurance, Vision, Dental
- Workers Compensation
- Meals while at school
- After the second year, the school contributes to a retirement account and provides long-term disability Insurance
- Option to work during the summer session, paid in addition to year salary
- Access to our beautiful lakefront property, including sugar house, apiary, garden and hoop house, outdoor kitchen, nordic ski trails, beaches, and more!
Rock Point School is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.