Director of Information Technology
The Director of Information Technology is responsible for managing Burlington ElectricDepartment’s Information Technology systems working with internal and external stakeholders toconstantly improve BED’s technology infrastructure. The position is responsible for managinginformation technology staff. This person is responsible for developing and implementinginformation technology staff. This person is responsible for developing and implementinginformation technology procedures, encryption and cybersecurity standards, projectmanagement and project planning. The position leads development and implementation ofBED’s company-wide information technology strategy. This is a hands-on mid-level managementposition that is a combination of design, development, project management, and operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct the development of a comprehensive IT vision for BED to continuously improveservice levels and identify ways to use technology to produce cost savings.
- Manage BED’s IT staff including supervising and directing of personnel.
- Oversee the development and implementation of BED-wide IT Standards to reduceredundancy, maintain unified service delivery, and synchronize data platforms.
- Manage all Enterprise-level applications including acquisition, conversion, testing,implementation, and training.
- Oversee professional development and training programs for IT personnel and establish aBED-wide training program for appropriate applications.
- Develop and manage the IT area annual operating and capital budgets.
- Ensure that all work conforms to BED construction standards and NESC and NEC codes,applicable VOSHA regulations, safety rules and project specifications, as well as federalrules and regulations.
- Respond to and schedule work assignments to deal with the timely repair of systems.
- Carry out IT personnel performance evaluations.
- Conduct the final inspection of IT related jobs, and close out associated work orders.
- Maintain appropriate supply levels to ensure work can be performed as scheduled.
- Oversee BED’s information systems and technology, including computer performance,programming, systems analysis, security, planning and evaluating/implementing newtechnologies and backup and recovery standards for IT.
- Direct the development and implementation of various IT Policies & Procedures, includingbut not limited to, internet use, email, equipment standards, software purchases andlicensing, user training, PC and LAN.
- Promote disaster recovery planning and systems assurance, in particular for theinformation assets, including hardware, software, and data.
- Provides project management support including the management of outside contractors.
- Leads corporate-wide cybersecurity efforts and ensures security of all technologysystems.