Disease Intervention Specialist - Temporary
Contact Tracing, is seeking staff to support Vermont Department Health to perform interviews of individuals newly diagnosed with COVID-19, support and educate these individuals around their current experience.
The aim of this will be to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, gather their contacts, and proceed to call every contact in Vermont. The Contact Tracer will also call all contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 to document a symptom check, refer them for testing according to established protocols, and provide them with instructions for quarantine.
Contact Tracers are required to follow email scripts, complete required forms, policies and procedures provided by VDH and comply with Department of Health training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
Ultimately, Contract Tracing in tandem with Vermont's efforts to increase testing, improve communication and implementation of isolation and quarantine, while ensuring that impacted individuals have the supports they need will fortify efforts to control the pandemic in Vermont.
• Call individuals that are assigned to you that have been recently diagnosed with COVID.
• Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients.
• Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
• Collect and record information into NBS.
• Provide contacts with approved information about quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol.
• Contact tracers will follow the script to inform contacts about the importance of quarantine and what to do if symptoms develop.
• Contact tracers will be required to use telephone, computer and electronic equipment.
• Maintain daily contact with your lead clinical supervisor.