Donor services coordinator
The donor services coordinator is part of a team that manages the administrative and operational tasks within the philanthropy department. This position assists with accurate donation processing and data entry, timely donor acknowledgement, exceptional customer service, and special projects as needed. The donor services coordinator is the first point of contact for donor inquiries and supports other customer service efforts. This position requires a high level of collaboration, adaptability, and interaction with others.
Salary range starting at: $40,000 - $43,800
To apply for this position, please submit an employment application with a resume and cover letter attached.
Building equity and racial justice into Vermont Foodbank's organizational practices is everyone's responsibility, and it requires the commitment and collaboration of every employee and team. Therefore, everyone is expected to honor diversity, contribute to an inclusive organizational culture, and leverage their own personal agency and scope of influence to center equity.
The Vermont Foodbank's work culture is progressive, forward thinking, and equity minded. Staff have the opportunity to fully develop their potential in a variety of ways: as organizational leaders, in shaping programs and advocacy efforts, and in working towards a future where no one in Vermont will go hungry.
The Vermont Foodbank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Respond to donor inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
- Assure prompt acknowledgement of all donations, including notification of tribute gifts, and update letter templates as needed.
- Work with finance to log incoming mail revenue, and ensure all donations are processed and deposited on a recurring schedule.
- Coordinate inventory and ordering of letterhead, envelopes, and other stationary.
- Support Volunteer Services by importing and syncing volunteer data and hours into our database.
- Assist with activities related to entering donations received on a daily basis. Priorities and capacity will vary based on seasonal donation volume and team needs.
- Assist with special projects, such as mailings, handwritten notes, and other departmental needs.
- Assist finance and philanthropy with any research required in support of reconciliation, donor stewardship, and donor acknowledgement.
- Support a healthy database by maintaining accurate constituent records (donors, volunteers, and others) in Raiser's Edge, updating and correcting constituent records daily, and time permitting, by assisting with data auditing procedures..
- Maintain competence in RENXT, Blackbaud NetCommunity, Omatic, Classy and any other fundraising and donor engagement software or platforms through in-house and outside training opportunities.
- Participate in regular trainings to sharpen competency in RENXT and Omatic tools
- Participate as a valued member of the Data and Donor Services Team and the Philanthropy Department by attending team meetings, retreats, and helping where needed, time permitting.
- In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Vermont Foodbank is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
Global Functions and Responsibilities
- Work cooperatively and communicate with staff and volunteers to support the mission of the Foodbank to meet and sustain Foodbank goals.
- Positively contribute to an organizational culture of safe and secure food handling, warehousing and distribution.
- The Foodbank relies on volunteers every day to fulfill our mission. All Foodbank employees must support our culture of philanthropy by treating every volunteer with appreciation and respect.
- This position will occasionally be required to travel to other Foodbank locations and to attend required meetings, trainings, etc. Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected