Energy Efficiency Manager
Leads a dynamic energy efficiency team including residential & commercial efficiency programs. This role leads the development of ambitious efficiency targets including implementing innovative strategies to achieve these goals. Directly manages efficiency staff and works closely with external partners to serve customers in a fast, effective, modern way within a regulatory framework. Provides a knowledgeable, collaborative presence to develop community and technical relationships and leverages effective partnerships to improve the customer experience. The Energy Efficiency Manager is constantly searching for innovation, working to streamline processes, and building teams to promote efficiency and sustainability efforts.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION?
· Develop and implement new programs for energy efficiency utility services. Redesign existing programs and introduce new programs to meet customer needs or innovate on their behalf within a regulatory framework.
· Lead Energy Services team to deliver high customer satisfaction, knowledgeable, effective and innovative services, and meet goals for energy efficiency.
- Represent VGS in planning/evaluation/coordination activities with customers, communities, regulators and other related energy agencies to share VGS' interests and partner on effective opportunities for improving programs.
- Keep abreast of potential natural gas and energy efficiency technology and programs, as well as legislation and regulation impacting these areas.
- Provide technical resources for other departments within VGS and for external customers relating to efficient use of natural gas and related subjects, such as building safety and durability.
- Work closely with Community Engagement and Marketing Manager to co-create and implement annual marketing plans for residential and commercial natural gas customer base.
- Establish annual program budgets for expenses and savings, collaborate with regulators to approve and lead team to ensure programs meet the identified targets. Develop and manage department budget.
- Evaluate program success using reports, customer feedback, monitoring and evaluation, and regulatory input to ensure that program design and implementation respond to VGS' goals, regulatory requirements, and customer needs, and that programs meet VGS' corporate growth and cost-effectiveness criteria.
· Lead long-term strategic planning for Energy Services growth for the company. Conduct market surveys to determine appropriate targets, programs and financial forecasting.
· Other duties as may be required or requested.