The Patricia A. Hannaford Regional Technical School District is looking for a part-time
student-centered, engineering/architecture instructor to join our collaborative team for the
2021-22 school year. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience
and proven success working with young people and teaching engineering/architecture
courses. Candidates must have a viable path to earning a Vermont endorsement in Career
and Technical Education (17-M (engineering) or 17-B (architecture)).
The successful candidate will be provided with training in the engineering pathway of
Project Lead the Way (PLTW). PLTW Engineering empowers students to step into the role
of an engineer, adopt a problem-solving mindset, and make the leap from dreamers to
doers. The program engages students in compelling, real-world challenges that help them
become better collaborators and thinkers. Students gain in-demand knowledge and skills to
use in any career path they take.
Aug 11, 2021
Additional Desirable Skills and Competencies
- Experience working with 11th – 12th grade students, which will include
collaboration between industry leaders and postsecondary partners.
- Interest and ability to develop a dual enrollment offering with a post-secondary
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, or a related science field and
possess fundamental engineering knowledge and industry-related experience.
- High degree of organizational skills.
- Ability to operate in multiple learning contexts including on-line platforms (Google
Classroom, Canvas, JumpRope, etc.) as well as face to face instruction.
- Knowledge of and experience with proficiency-based learning and grading would be
a definite plus.
- A desire to learn along with your students, the ability to employ project-based
learning, and a passion to prepare students with the skills to succeed in careers as
well as post-secondary educational pursuits .
A bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, or a related science field
This is a part-time position. Time commitment would be from 8:00 to 11:00 daily.
Depending on the candidate’s background and experience, this position could be
paired with the Information Technology (Computer Science) Instructor position to
create a full-time job.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, résumé, three letters of reference,
and any applicable transcripts and/or certificates via School Spring or mail/email to:
Patrice Alexander, Administrative Assistant
Hannaford Career Center