To coordinate, oversee and carry out a full range of custodial services for the buildings and grounds owned or operated by the Flynn.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and carry out day-of-show house and backstage custodial/maintenance functions.
- Maintain daily cleanliness of office spaces, dance studios, and bathrooms.
- Schedule, coordinate and oversee regular and special post-show custodial work performed by outside contractors.
- Perform general maintenance of electrical, heating, plumbing, ventilation, and other mechanical systems; troubleshoot problems, repair if possible or obtain or recommend outside service or replacement. Perform light carpentry and painting projects. Maintain keys/locks; troubleshoot malfunctions, repair or replace.
- Replace light bulbs, clean lobby mirrors and concession area.
- Stock concession supply. Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Remove snow and ice from all entrance/exit areas, sand and salt. Must lift 50 pound bags of salt and sand and be able to shovel snow.
- Perform general street front, parking lot, and grounds cleaning and maintenance work.
- Perform various building security and fire prevention functions: check locks; check for and report incidents of vandalism; see that doorways and aisles are clear of obstructions and heat sources clear of flammable materials; inspect fire extinguishers, emergency lighting and exit signs; and the like.
- Perform the Fire Department pre-show check of emergency lights and egress ways and maintain log.
- Collect, sort and prepare/package and manage recyclable materials program. Must be able to roll 100 pound recycling container.
- Change Marquee letters. Must be able to lift 45 pound ladder and work at the top of a 10’ step ladder.
- Supervise custodial/maintenance work done by community volunteers.
- Set up for various special events sponsored by the Flynn. Move furniture, 35 pound tables and roll stacks of chairs.
- Inspect facility for maintenance/repair needs and ensure work gets done.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Supervision is received from the Facilities Manager. Takes direction from the House and Concessions Managers.