ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of the Locator is to work independently to safely complete locate requests for VGS underground facilities. Additional responsibilities include updating GIS, as-built maps and collecting information on missing, lost, or unrecorded facilities. As this is an entry position, the candidate will be fully trained and no prior experience is necessary.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION?
• Strong understanding of electromagnetic sensing equipment and its principles.
• Receiving locate requests on a real time basis using a ticket management software.
• Prioritizing and accurately completing the locate requests including documentation following all State and Federal Codes.
• Responding to emergency locate requests in addition to the daily workload.
• Knowledge of Vermont Dig Safe Laws and Regulations is required.
• Identifying all underground VGS facilities such as; valve boxes, locator boxes, and cathodic protection equipment.
• Recognizing and reporting hazardous situations.
• Assuming responsibility for passing and maintaining operator qualifications consistent with the position.
• Collecting data using Surveying equipment or geospatial technologies.
• Working knowledge of ArcGIS Software including field collection apps (ArcGIS Collector) and MicroStation software is desirable.