Final Assembly Technician
As a member of our final assembly team, you are responsible for putting together our final products, bringing together all the work and parts from the other teams that share the production floor with you. Once assembled, the products just need a final test before they can go on to our customers. You are good at organizing your own work and keeping track of the different steps required to assemble our products. You’re a skilled problem solver and work well with others. You know how to read engineering prints and can use them to visualize the final product and figure out how to put it together. You may be a novice at mechanical and electrical assembly, or you already have lots of experience (we’re hiring for all levels), but either way you’re excited to help us power a cleaner planet. We're currently offering a $1000 signing bonus AND you'll be eligible for all your medical benefits (health/dental/vision) on your first day!
What You’ll Be Doing
On an average day, you’ll
- Follow engineering documentation to locate and install subassemblies.
- Complete wiring / mechanical according to electrical schematics and engineering prints.
- Ensure units are complete before they can progress to the testing departments.
- Put safety first, all day every day.
What We Do
For more than five decades, Dynapower has been helping solve some of the toughest power conversion challenges in industries ranging from metal finishing and mining, to chemical and steel production. In recent years, our global footprint has expanded, charting the course for many new power conversion applications, such as helping to create clean drinking water, turning trash to energy, generating hydrogen to fuel zero-emission vehicles and sustainable manufacturing, recovering and recycling metals from discarded electronics, and sterilizing food. We have enabled utilities to turn off coal-fired plants and island nations to uncouple from pollution-causing diesel generators by safely and reliably harnessing renewable energy from wind and solar. Dynapower works alongside the Army, Navy, and Air Force to power the defense of our country and deter aggression worldwide. We collaborate with the world’s top universities and national laboratories to push the boundaries of science and innovation. Want to know more? Visit Dynapower.com.
What’s In It For You
The pay range for this role is $17 to $24 per hour. Your final compensation will depend on your level of experience in similar roles. In addition to these competitive wages, you’ll also get to enjoy numerous benefits, such as:
- $1000 Signing Bonus - $250 upon hire, $250 at 90-days. $500 at 1 year
- Health Insurance (Medical and Dental) & Vision Reimbursement Program - Eligible on Day 1!
- 401k Retirement Plan with Employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance & Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off, 10 Paid Holidays & Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Hours
For a full list of all our benefits and perks, go to our Career page.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position scheduled from Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m (but we have flexible hours, allowing you to start your day anytime between 6 and 8 a.m.). This position works in a manufacturing production environment. This role routinely uses standard personal protective equipment such as required Safety Glasses and Safety shoes as well as hearing protection and gloves, as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Constantly move objects and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Specific abilities required by the job include positioning oneself to lift or move objects weighing to 40 pounds, pushing and pulling objects with up to 200 pounds Constant movement and use of limbs. Specific abilities required by this job include prolonged standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and frequently pinching and/or gripping.
- Frequently observe, detect, discern, and convey information. Specific abilities required by this job include near, far and color vision acuity, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires good manual dexterity and coordination, and stamina. Specific abilities required by this job include the frequent requirement of overtime work.
This position may involve access to ITAR (International Traffic and Arms Regulations)-controlled information, requiring verification of US-immigration status which is used solely for determining applicable ITAR licensing requirements. In addition, Dynapower uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization status for all new hires.
Dynapower is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.