This position performs entry level maintenance and operational activities at BED's generating facilitiessuch as McNeil Station, Gas Turbine, Solar arrays, and Winooski One Hydro Generation facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide support for mechanical, electrical, instrument and control, and operations activities.
- Unloads woodchips from railcars.
- Perform preventative maintenance program tasks such as changing oils in gear reducers, fans,pumps, and bearings.
- Operate all wood-handling equipment up to the surge bin at the boiler front.
- Perform routine maintenance including lubrication of all wood-handling equipment and front-endloaders.
- Load wood ash into trucks for off-site disposal as needed.
- Perform periodic greasing and oiling of ash handling and other fossil fuel burning equipment atBED's generating facilities.
- Perform maintenance on ash handling equipment and char reinjection system as required.
- Operates a variety of machinery and heavy equipment including a front-end loader and dumptruck as needed.
- Perform lab tests on water samples and keep logs and record of water quality trends.
- Perform outage inspections and regular preventative maintenance on water treatmentequipment and heat exchangers.
- Assist in the installation and repair of electrical equipment at BED's generating facilities.
- Assist in the installation, repair and/or maintenance of electrical and electronic equipmentassociated with high pressure boilers, turbines, generators, fuel handling systems, lighting, fire alarms, or security and communications at BED's generating facilities.
- Assist in the electrical preventative maintenance checks at BED's generating facilities.
- Fill in at the generation facilities in the maintenance and operation departments as needed whendeemed qualified.
- Perform maintenance and other duties on emissions monitoring equipment (CEMS/DAHSequipment) as needed.