This position performs entry level maintenance and operational activities at BED’s generating facilities such as McNeil Station, Gas Turbine, Solar arrays, and Winooski One Hydro Generation facility.
Essential Job Functions: (This section outlines the fundamental job functions that must be performed in this position. The “Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements” and the “Physical and Mental/Reasoning Requirements and Work Environment” state the underlying requirements that an employee must meet in order to perform these essential functions. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.)
• Provide support for mechanical, electrical, instrument and control, and operations activities.
• Unloads woodchips from railcars.
• Learn and perform preventative maintenance program tasks such as changing oils in gear reducers, fans, pumps, and bearings.
• Operate all wood-handling equipment up to the surge bin at the boiler front.
• Learn and perform routine maintenance including lubrication of all wood-handling equipment and front-end loaders.
• Load wood ash into trucks for off-site disposal as needed.
• Learn and perform periodic greasing and oiling of ash handling and other fossil fuel burning equipment at BED’s generating facilities.
• Learn and perform maintenance on ash handling equipment and char reinjection system as required.
• Operates a variety of machinery and heavy equipment including a front-end loader and dump truck as needed.
• Learn and perform lab tests on water samples and keep logs and record of water quality trends.
• Learn and perform outage inspections and regular preventative maintenance on water treatment equipment and heat exchangers.
• Assist in the installation and repair of electrical equipment at BED’s generating facilities.
• Assist in the installation, repair and/or maintenance of electrical and electronic equipment associated with high pressure boilers, turbines, generators, fuel handling systems, lighting, fire alarms, or security and communications at BED’s generating facilities.
• Assist in the electrical preventative maintenance checks at BED’s generating facilities.
• Learn and perform the duties of the Yardworker position when needed as a back-up.
• Learn and perform maintenance and other duties on emissions monitoring equipment (CEMS/DAHS equipment) as needed.