Grounds Member – Full-time, Winter Temp
Saint Michael's College is seeking applications from dependable and efficient seasonal workers from November 28, 2022, through at least March 31, 2023. This is a full-time, winter temp, Monday-Friday position, and overtime and working off-days/hours are expected and required, especially during times of forecasted snowstorms.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs snow removal
- Salts parking lots, campus walks, stairs, and ramps throughout the winter using general snow/ice removal light and heavy equipment
- Cleans up campus grounds to include litter and debris
- Assists with the moving and storage of all campus furniture, appliances, and equipment
- Assists with the set-up and tear-down of all special events
For the full job description, click here.
This position is eligible for employee assistance program, well-being programs and opportunities, use of the campus athletic facilities and the library, and countless opportunities to attend presentations, lectures, and other campus activities. This position is not eligible for the college’s regular fringe benefits.
- 1-3 years experience or related work experience desired
- Knowledge of snow removal and groundskeeping equipment and methods desired
- Knowledge of heavy-duty snow removal and grounds equipment desired
- Can meet the physical demands expected to successfully perform the essential functions and occasional lifting and moving of heavy objects
- Valid driver's license and must be able to successfully pass driving record check. For criteria please see the Driver Acceptability Matrix
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, driving record check, and a pre-employment physical screening, which is designed to assess the candidate’s ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Please click “Apply Now” to fill out our Online Application and be sure to provide the following information:
The position will remain open until filled.
For a complete job description, benefits information, and to apply online, please visit: https://egqw.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_13/job/1155/?utm_medium=jobshare