Hazardous Materials Consultant
SLR International Corporation is currently seeking a Hazardous Materials Consultant to join one of our busy New England office locations. The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of previous, relevant work experience and is highly proficient with hazardous materials testing, characterization, and disposal management. This full-time position is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and growing international environmental consulting organization.
• Strong capacity to build relationships with clients that result in sustained growth
• Consultant minded professional with a keen understanding of client value generation and business drivers
• Excels in working with peers and subordinate staff in different geographic locations
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach to daily work
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to develop rapport and credibility
• Adept at interfacing with a variety of clients
• Skilled in communicating technical information to internal and external business contacts
• Strong analytical, organizational, leadership, and multi-tasking skills
• Self-directed and highly motivated
• Team player
• Dependable and predictable
• Maintain safe work practices on the jobsite at all times
• Build relationships with project managers and client contacts
• Manage sample collection, project data, manifests, and subcontractors as directed by the project manager
SLR is a professional consulting and advisory firm that has been advising clients for over 20 years. Starting as a UK business, we now operate as a global company with more than 1400 people delivering client solutions across five regions.
In the United States, SLR has nearly 500 employees located throughout 34 offices. Our team represents a broad and diverse range of technical and environmental capabilities. SLR’s professionals offer a blend of experience incorporating engineers, geologists, toxicologists, hydrogeologists, remediation specialists, regulatory and compliance specialists, and environmental scientists. We work for clients throughout our six primary business sectors: Energy, Mining, Industry, Infrastructure, Built Environment and Power.
Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, orthodontia, vision, flexible spending account, generous PTO accrual, 10 paid holidays, 401(k) retirement account with company matching program, company paid life insurance, short- & long-term disability insurance, and employee assistance program.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) are at the core of who we are and want to be.
SLR is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, civil union status, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or veteran status.
At SLR, we embrace diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within and outside our organization. We respect and celebrate differences and want to ensure that we continuously strive to build a place where everyone feels included and is encouraged to be their authentic self.
We are committed to these values, and our SLR Culture & Diversity Team works to actively promote diversity, equity, and inclusion across our people and talent processes, operations, and client work around the world. If you have a disability and need reasonable accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please contact us at careers-us@slrconsulting