Human Resources (HR) Systems and Data Analyst
The Office of Human Resources at Saint Michael’s College is inviting applications for the position of Human Resources (HR) Systems and Data Analyst. This role manages important details and data to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing and is responsible for the collection and analysis of systems and payroll data. The HR Systems and Data Analyst leads the office as the systems subject matter expert and collaborates with Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium (GMHEC) and partner colleges to design, maintain, and facilitate business processes, documentation, and efficiency in how we leverage the system.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides oversight for the processing of the bi-weekly payroll, ensuring that changes are made accurately and in time for the payroll
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date worksheets, spreadsheets, and/or reports that monitor functions of both payroll and tax activity, keeping everything organized and easily accessible
- Provides problem-solving and full technical support on the use of computer applications and data entry protocols and techniques to ensure accurate data capturing and reporting
- In collaboration with the HR and GMHEC Payroll shared services teams, develops, monitors, and maintains payroll procedures, checklists, error trapping routines, and documentation that contributes to the efficient and accurate production of the payroll
- Provides excel reports to various constituencies, ensuring the accuracy of data
- Analyzes data from reports in order to make data-driven decisions
- Performs monthly, quarterly, and annual audits of data
- Communicates to impacted employees in a timely manner changes/corrections they will see in the payroll, clearly explaining the issue and resolution to the employee(s)
- Coordinates and oversees the team’s Oracle HCM quarterly upgrade testing process
- Assists Human Resources team and employees with resolving system-related issues including monitoring progress on related support tickets
- Collaborates with the HR team in identifying, examining, and addressing inequities and barriers in our human resources systems, practices, and procedures
- Promotes responsive, customer-oriented service in job responsibilities, exhibiting a commitment to anticipating, understanding, and responding actively and sensitively to customer needs
For the full job description, click here.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, employer-paid life and disability insurance, voluntary life, critical illness and accident insurance options, parental leave, flexible spending accounts (healthcare and dependent care), 401(k), generous paid time off, paid holidays, employee and dependent tuition benefits, employee assistance program, well-being programs and opportunities, discounted gym membership, paid volunteer time, use of the athletic facilities and the library, and countless opportunities to attend presentations, lectures, and other campus activities.
Applicants should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of human resources and/or payroll and data entry experience preferred
- Highly proficient with/aptitude for technology and business processes
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in problem-solving, accounting, and recordkeeping preferred
- Previous experience working with cloud-based Human Resources Information Systems (Oracle HCM highly desired)
- Ability to meet deadlines with efficiency, accuracy, and organization at a high level by anticipating, assessing, and addressing competing needs through effective prioritization, and pivots when necessary
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background and credit check.
Please be prepared to attach the following documents after clicking on the Apply Now button:
- A cover letter that includes a statement sharing how your skills and experiences might contribute to the efforts of the Office of Human Resources to cultivate and support a more inclusive and equitable working environment for all employees. Every member of the Office of Human Resources has an active role in supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion work at Saint Michael’s College
- Name and contact information of three references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, please submit your application by August 5, 2022.