The Patricia A. Hannaford Regional Technical School District is looking for a part-time
student-centered, information technology instructor to join our collaborative team for the
2021-22 school year. The successful candidate will have experience and proven success
working with young people and teaching computer science or information technology
courses. Candidates must have a viable path to earning a Vermont endorsement in Career
and Technical Education (code 17-I Information Technology).
Aug 11, 2021
Additional Desirable Skills and Competencies
- Ability to prepare students to take the AP Computer Science A and AP Computer
Science Principles Examinations.
languages, and move comfortably between block-based coding and text languages.
- Familiarity with basics of computational thinking and how it relates to core
- Working knowledge of physical computing, including but not limited to: Arduino,
micro:bit, Raspberry Pi, basic circuits, sensors and breadboarding.
- Understand the basics of computer architecture: files and file structure,
communication protocols, data transfer, network addressing and APIs.
- Work across knowledge domains to frame core math and science concepts as
transdisciplinary problem prompts. An ability to relate narrative arc and storytelling
to gaming and game construction is highly desirable.
- An ability to differentiate and relate tactile experience to computing and code as
framed by the construction of computationally enhanced “maker” projects.
- High degree of organizational skills.
- Ability to operate in multiple on-line platforms (Google Classroom, Canvas,
JumpRope, etc.) as well as face to face instruction.
- Knowledge of and experience with proficiency-based learning and grading a definite
This is a part-time position. Time commitment would be from 11:45 to 2:45 daily.
Depending on the candidate’s background and experience, this position could be
paired with the Engineering & Architecture Instructor position to create a full-time
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, résumé, three letters of reference,
and any applicable transcripts and/or certificates via SchoolSpring or mail/email to:
Patrice Alexander, Administrative Assistant
Hannaford Career Center