Jr. Tech / Service Counter
Small Dog Electronics is looking for the right person to join our support team in the service department at our Flynn Ave location. This is a critical role which helps to support both our retail and service departments in Burlington.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the check in and pick up process of devices for our repair department.
- Helping to communicate with customers about the repair process as well as potentially providing in store lessons/consults.
- General and basic device repairs and working at our software restore counter are additional duties in between the service counter needs.
For the right individual the ability to move into the technician role after showing proficiency at our service counter is an option.
This position works directly with members of the service department.
SALARY/WAGE AND BENEFITS
Starting wage is $15/hr plus commissions.
- company-contribution health insurance (90% company-paid premium)
- company-paid dental insurance (100% company paid)
- earned paid time off (CTO)
- 401k eligible after six months, with company match
- free on-street parking / on bus route
- 1 year previous experience customer service experience (in any capacity).
- The right candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit - as well as good critical thinking skills essential for basic troubleshooting hardware and software issues (this is not a repair technician position, but training is available)
- strong communication and customer service skills, a team-oriented work ethic, and obsession with the details.
- Requires excellent time management, multitasking, deductive reasoning, strong verbal and written communication skills.
Works directly with customers to ensures an excellent customer experience, resolves complaints, and leads by example to provide optimum customer service.
Good working, hands-on, knowledge of general IT concepts, basic laptop/desktop repair, software troubleshooting a plus.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Small Dog Electronics is an equal opportunity employer.