Legal Services Coordinator
This position is responsible for providing direct support and advocacy services to survivors and coordinating legal advocacy and single day docket programs. This is a 40 hour per week position.
Roles and Responsilities
1. Maintain confidentiality in all survivor matters, direct interaction, written information, case discussion, etc.
2. Coordinate all legal services for Voices to include but not limited to: Providing support and advocacy in both Family and District Courts in both counties; managing the Single Day Docket Program and Court Presentation Project; collaboration with State’s Attorney’s office and law enforcement; manage court watch project, etc.
3. Coordinate case work with all assigned survivors including response to crisis calls, support, police calls, court accompaniment, Relief from Abuse Orders and advocacy for survivors within systems in the community in both Franklin and Grand Isle.
4. Provide direct service to survivors and their children over the phone, face to face and in shelter including support and advocacy, and coordinate survivor activities with other workers whenever needed.
5. Maintain up to date schedule of FRO hearings and coordinate advocacy and follow up services.
6. Coordinate DAEP Partners Program in conjunction with Spectrum. Contact partners provide information and support and co-facilitate orientation meetings.
7. Complete all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
8. Attend and participate in staff meetings and outside organizational meetings as directed such as Task Force, Case Review, Protocol, etc.
9. Interact and network in an appropriate manner with other agencies, institutions and outside individuals to coordinate services for domestic violence and sexual assault victims.
10. Participate in volunteer trainings.
11. Share in the responsibility of providing back up during assigned times.
12. Coordinate the hotline scheduling and be the liaison between the Answering Service and volunteers.
13. Participate and coordinate trainings with other professionals such as law enforcement and judicial system.
14. Contribute to the smooth management of the shelter and organization which may include assuming other duties as assigned.