Join Champlain Housing Trust’s Property Management team in Burlington and use your building maintenance and customer service skills to serve the affordable housing needs of people from numerous countries, cultures, and walks of life. Perform a variety of tasks including painting, cleaning, light maintenance, grounds maintenance and snow removal. Experience in light carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and grounds maintenance are required. The ideal candidate will also exhibit a positive attitude, be self-motivated, work independently and as part of a team, be prevention-minded and committed to a membership-based model of community controlled and permanently affordable housing. Reliable transportation and criminal background check are required.
Primary duties include:
- Responding to assigned work orders in occupied apartments and completing semi-skilled repairs that may include light carpentry, painting, minor drywall taping and repair, locksmithing, and minor plumbing or electrical repairs that do not require a license.
- Performing snow removal on assigned properties.
- Picking up litter on properties assigned.
- Preparing vacant apartments for re-occupancy by repairing or replacing items.
- Performing preventive maintenance tasks at properties assigned.
- Participating in regular on-call rotation according to department schedule. During on-call period, Technicians are required to respond to emergency calls during and after normal business hours.
Other duties may be assigned.
Valid driver's license and reliable transportation are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer - CHT is committed to a diverse workplace and highly encourages women, persons with disabilities, Section 3 low income residents, and people from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds to apply.