Performs repairs, preventative maintenance, grounds work, and other duties assigned in accordance with CHT policies and procedures to insure the organization’s portfolio of residential apartment buildings and/or commercial rental properties consistently meet or exceed established quality standards.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responds to assigned work orders by investigating the request and performing the necessary repairs under guidance and direction of the team lead as needed to insure positive results.
- Complete semi-skilled repairs that may include but are not limited to carpentry, painting, minor drywall taping, lock smithing, minor plumbing (not requiring a license), minor electrical (not requiring a license).
- Pick up litter on property(ies) assigned as needed to maintain property curb appeal and sanitation.
- Prepares vacant apartments for re-occupancy by repairing or replacing items.
- Under the direction of others implements components of a preventative maintenance system.
- Responsible for equipment and supply management, maintains building inventory and storage of equipment purchased.
- Responsible for keeping records of all work done, invoices of materials purchased, records of all approved equipment purchased.
- Becomes familiar with building codes, minimum housing codes for Burlington (if applicable), Section 8 housing quality guidelines.
- Participates in on-call rotation according to department schedule. During on-call periods, responds to emergency calls during and after normal business hours.
- Use/own hand tools.
- Delivers resident notices.
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments or sites
- Other duties as required.