The Vermont Youth Conservation Corps (VYCC) has a tremendous impact on the lives of young people and a positive influence on the communities where our crews work and learn. The Marketing Manager leads on-the-ground efforts to capture and share stories about VYCC, its Members, alumni, and stakeholders.
The Engagement Team works collaboratively to serve individual Corps Members, Crews, staff, and VYCC through storytelling. Storytelling is part of the reflective process for individuals; a way to make meaning from VYCC experiences; and a medium to share these stories to the wider public to recruit future Corps Members and garner community, financial, and legislative support of VYCC. The Marketing Manager is an integral member of this team.
The Marketing Manager infuses the Engagement Team with a passion for storytelling, and turns ideas into engaging, balanced, prolific communications. This position draws from an ability to leverage creativity to help VYCC stand out, manage projects, and maximize current marketing trends and best practices to achieve annual organizational goals.
Success in this position includes crafting and amplifying the narrative of VYCC and the stories of Corps Members through creative means; engaging various parts of the VYCC community and growing our audiences; raising the visibility of VYCC, particularly through digital means; and deepening all Vermonters’ appreciation for and value of the VYCC experience in ways that increase resources.
Communications & Marketing Strategy & Implementation
• Convey the importance and impact of VYCC to multiple audiences. Engage the following audiences to garner enthusiasm and support of our work: prospective applicants, Members and their families, alumni, prospective and active donors, prospective and active partners, volunteers, Richmond and surrounding towns, the broader Vermont community, and the national Corps community.
• Work with prospective, current, and past Members and Leaders to craft compelling stories from the field and beyond the field in partnership with teammates.
• Co-produce content including photos, video, blog posts, email marketing pieces, press releases and media pitches, and prolific social media posts.
• Elevate digital content and presence by keeping our website fresh, social media buzzing, web advertising active, and emails engaging.
• Maintain the strong VYCC brand and story strength across all public-facing projects, including campus branding and “swag.”
• Utilize data and analytics to refine strategy.
Community & Corps Member Engagement
• Collaborate with the Recruitment & Alumni Manager (a member of the Engagement Team) in promoting VYCC to prospective Corps Members.
• Collaborate with Engagement Team on developing marketing materials that promote an environment of equity, inclusion, and justice in all aspects of VYCC recruitment and storytelling.
• Collaborate with development staff (members of the Engagement Team) in attracting and retaining donors, including alumni and parents of alumni, through digital and print engagement efforts.
• Maximize VYCC’s community presence through creative new initiatives and expand upon current successful efforts to make crews both highly visible and well-connected within local communities.
• Oversee the design and production of printed recruitment and development materials. Provide quality control on branded items. Keep public presentation materials and giveaway swag updated, relevant, and dynamic.
• Fully participate in All Corps events, such as orientation and closures, as a teammate with program staff.