Master Control Operator
Located in the scenic Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market, WPTZ-TV is the leading source for the latest local headlines and live alerts. If you are motivated by working with a talented award-winning team of professionals, look no further! This is a unique opportunity at a station with real momentum in a beautiful part of northern New England. Best of all, you'll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country.
NBC5/WPTZ, a Hearst Television station, seeks a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking individual for our Master Control team. This overnight position is responsible for the equipment that provides the content for our broadcast on-air program streams. You will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, acquiring, ingesting and preparing content, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on-air product and documenting transmission events.
- Coordinate live and taped programming for broadcast on three channels.
- Maintaining on-air operation to include running commercials, network and quality signals.
- Monitor multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
- Operate Harris Automation equipment.
- Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures.
- Observe transmitters and take remote readings.
- Maintain program and transmitter logs.
- Execute, edit, update and append daily playlists.
- Acquire content from various distributors.
- Troubleshoot and communicate issues and discrepancies with other MC and Engineering staff as needed.