WPTZ NBC5, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market has an opening for a Newscast Producer. We're looking for a story teller who thrives on breaking news, and the urgency of a fast-paced, dynamic newscast. Our next producer will join a team of award-winning journalists committed to dynamic local news coverage. We want a producer who demonstrates solid news judgement, and who has an eye for using video, graphics, and studio features to effectively convey information. We approach everything as a team at WPTZ. We expect you to come in with an open mind, ready to learn and ready to lend a hand to other members of the team when needed.
During work hours, you'll be in our brand new, state-of-the-art facility. In off hours, you'll be surrounded by some of the best ski areas in the country, scenic mountains, and some of the most beautiful waterways in the country.
- Selecting, and writing material for a daily newscast.
- Building graphics and shaping how a story is presented for a live newscast.
- Working with reporters and helping them shape their daily reports.
- An ability to communicate clearly and quickly to effectively give direction, and to explain your vision of a newscast to anchors, reporters, and directors.
- Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ???experience??? for viewers
- Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
- Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
- Military experience in a related occupation specialty a plus.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components.
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news.
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.