The Vermont Foodbank seeks a self-motivated, energetic Operations Technician. This Full Time position reports to the Facilities Supervisor. The primary components of this position include being responsible for maintenance of the building and grounds of the Foodbank's facilities, recordkeeping as it applies to food safety and warehouse safety, and will assist the operations department in a variety of daily tasks, including warehouse duties. This position is based in Barre, VT but will be required to travel to foodbank locations in Brattleboro and Rutland. Attached is the job description with additional details regarding this particular position.
The selected candidate will join an energetic, empowered, collaborative team that derives joy from the work and is wholly dedicated to VF's mission. This position may ability to be able to travel if needed. The Vermont Foodbank's work culture is progressive, forward thinking, and equity minded. Staff have the opportunity to fully develop their potential in a variety of ways: as organizational leaders, in shaping programs and advocacy efforts, and in working towards a future where everyone in Vermont has enough food every day.
To be considered, please submit a resume (cover letter optional) with your completed application. This position is a full time hourly position with the pay anticipated to start at $18.00 to $20.00 depending on relevant experience, education, or other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and seek to bring our values of diversity and inclusion to our hiring process. Beyond our commitment to non-discrimination, we encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our organization and who have lived experience of inequity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works cooperatively and be able to communicate with staff and volunteers to support the mission of the Foodbank to meet and sustain Foodbank goals.
- Positively contribute to an organizational culture of safe and secure food handling, warehousing and distribution.
- The Foodbank relies on volunteers every day to fulfill our mission. All Foodbank employees must support our culture of philanthropy by treating every volunteer with appreciation and respect.
- This position will occasionally be required to travel to other Foodbank locations and to attend required meetings, trainings, etc.
- Perform custodial-related activities (cleaning, supply restock, etc.).
- Be familiar with OSHA requirements as related to warehouse facilities and the safe operation of equipment.
- Be familiar with state and local recycling policies and handling of environmental hazards.
- Evaluate repairs and maintenance needs for buildings, grounds and both owned and leased equipment, and implement and coordinate repairs.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in an independent work environment.
- Request quotes and coordinate with suppliers and contractors as directed.
- Perform and log routine safety checks of equipment, vehicles, and building systems.
- Utilize work order system to ensure timely completion of facilities and warehouse requests.
- Serve on the Foodbank Safety Committee.
- Mowing, snow removal, and other seasonal tasks as needed.
- May be required to operate a non-CDL foodbank vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities and Food Safety and Facilities Supervisor.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- A valid Vermont Driver's License.
- 3-year motor vehicle report (MVR) showing a clean driving record.
- ServSafe certification or the ability to obtain.