Role and Responsibilities
- Operate and monitor manufacturing equipment in the production of foam glass aggregate. Processes to include crushed glass cleaning, glass powder ball mill, material blending and furnace operation.
- Execute raw material storage and staging utilizing electric forklift.
- Operate telehandler for aggregate transport, storage, bagging and truck loading
- Execute daily standard machine & facilities maintenance functions - clean & inspect, minor machine/system adjustments & repairs, facility housekeeping
- Perform routine finished product Quality Control including sample collection, preparation, analysis and documentation.
- Follow all safety guidelines and procedures (PPE, equipment, facility, etc.)
- Any additional tasked deemed fitting to the efficient operation of the facility.
- Provide back-up to Team Lead as required
- Reports to Plant Manager
- Effective communication skills
- Mechanical & electrical aptitude
- Forklift/heavy equipment driving experience
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work within a team
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- Plant operates 24/7 with 12-hour shifts.
- Day and night shifts available.
- 9.5% Day Shift Premium
- Plus, additional 10% Night shift premium.
- Will train the right candidate.
Glavel Commitment: Providing the ability to work at a progressive company that explicitly works to be anti-racist, by advocating and protecting the rights of people of color and religious minorities, and feminist, by protecting the rights of women, transgender, and gender-nonconforming people.