Operator- Team Lead
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead daily shift operations; including but not limited to supporting production deadlines, delegation of tasks, product flow, shift hand offs, maintenance and repairs, maintenance of production metrics.
- Oversee dock schedule; inbound/outbound shipments
- Operate and monitor manufacturing equipment in the production of foam glass aggregate. Processes to include crushed glass cleaning, glass powder ball mill, material blending and furnace operation.
- Execute raw material storage and staging utilizing electric forklift.
- Operate telehandler for aggregate transport, storage, bagging and truck loading
- Execute daily standard machine & facilities maintenance functions - clean & inspect, minor machine/system adjustments & repairs, facility housekeeping
- Perform finished product Quality Control including sample collection, prep, analysis & documentation.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of SOPs.
- Follow and enforce all safety guidelines and procedures (PPE, equipment, facility, etc.)
- Any additional tasked deemed fitting to the efficient operation of the facility.
- Empowered to take decisions in the absence of the Plant manager.
- Reports to Plant Manager
- Effective communication skills
- Mechanical & electrical aptitude
- Forklift/heavy equipment driving experience
- Highly self-motivated with ability to work within a team
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- 2+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- Plant operates 24/7 with 12-hour shifts.
- Day and night shifts available.
- 9.5% Day Shift Premium.
- Plus, additional 10% Night shift premium.
- Will train the right candidate.
Glavel Commitment: Providing the ability to work at a progressive company that explicitly works to be anti-racist, by advocating and protecting the rights of people of color and religious minorities, and feminist, by protecting the rights of women, transgender, and gender-nonconforming people.