Outside Sales Representative – Residential
The Outside Sales Representative, for the residential customer base, is responsible for selling VGS products & services though lead generation, educating prospects on products & services through phone calls, in person connections, trainings and presentations, all while providing exceptional customer service. Working closely with the Sales & Marketing Manager, product & service offerings, both existing and new, will require delivery through innovative solutions to meet Vermonters’ energy needs and VGS’s Climate Plan; Net Zero by 2050. This position primarily provides technical assistance, promotion, and marketing of VGS programs to new and existing customers, including natural gas service, energy efficiency programs as well as new and existing product and service offerings. The best Outside Sales Representative is adaptive to a fast-paced environment, self-motivated and genuinely passionate about the energy future of Vermont.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION?
- Proactively generate leads with residential customers and supports the commercial & residential new construction, when needed or requested.
- Follow-up on stalled leads.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with new and existing residential customers, heating contractors, and when applicable, builders, architects, and consulting engineers.
- Provide high quality customer service: asks questions, understands concerns, and develops creative, effective solutions to meet customers’ needs.
- Expand market opportunities, consistent with the company’s growth goals and objectives.
- Responsible for preparing customer contracts and cost estimates for new service, sale, equipment rental/installation, and respond timely to customer questions regarding VGS services.
- Assess customer equipment to insure proper and safe use.
- Promote VGS Energy Efficiency programs, marketing, service programs, and other programs to customers.
- Maintain knowledge of new natural gas residential thermal equipment and installation procedures, competitor fuel pricing, equipment operating costs and specifications, as well as VGS and National Gas Code regulations (training is available).
- Leverage technology to make the customer education and sign-up process easy, seamless, and effective.
- Track all sales activity and customer interactions utilizing Salesforce to keep customer information current and transparent to the entire team.
- Other duties as may be required or requested.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective and thought. Candidates across all markers of identify (age, race, gender, ability, communication styles, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
VGS is a leader in energy efficiency and innovation, offering a clean, safe, affordable choice for over 54,000 homes, businesses, and institutions in Franklin, Chittenden, and Addison counties. The company plays an important role in Vermont’s clean energy future by displacing higher-emitting fuels, offering renewable natural gas service, and delivering award-winning energy efficiency programs. VGS is leading the country in the development of local renewable energy generation and has targeted a 30% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 and full elimination by 2050. We take pride in our total benefits rewards program offered to our employees. Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, competitive compensation, and bonus potential, 401(k) with employer contributions, and ample paid time off.