Per-Diem Dispatch Switchboard Operator Position
The Public Safety/Fire & Rescue Departments at Saint Michael's College are inviting applications for a Per-Diem Dispatch Switchboard Operator to dispatch radio calls and operate the College switchboard. The successful candidate will be responsible for answering all incoming calls and directing calls to the appropriate party quickly, accurately, and professionally. This role receives all emergency calls for SMC campus and the surrounding community. Dispatch, switchboard, emergency services experience desirable, but we will provide training for a motivated and dependable person with demonstrated aptitude.
For the full job description, click here.
The per diem Dispatch Switchboard Operator works a minimum of 8 hours/month, year-round. This hourly, part-time position is not eligible for regular College provided fringe benefits.
Applicants must have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior working experience preferred; dispatch/switchboard/emergency services experience desirable
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize emergency calls, alarms, calls for service, and college switchboard calls efficiently, and be able to deal tactfully and calmly with a wide variety of callers
- Ability to document calls and activities, provide information and services, and appropriately represent the College
- Must be able to work flexible hours as this is a 24/7 operation
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Please be prepared to attach the following documents after clicking on Apply Now button:
- Cover letter including a statement about contributions you could make toward helping Saint Michael's College become a more culturally responsive and inclusive community and how your skills and experiences would contribute to diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts on campus
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For a complete job description, benefits information, and to apply online, please visit: https://egqw.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_13/job/1145/?utm_medium=jobshare